Freelance Cyber Security Engineer - Public sector - Charleroi
As Freelance Cyber Security Engineer you will support the internal Security team, the CISO, the Data Protection Officer, and the Security Governance team.
Our client is a public company where the IT department plays a key role in the development of the activities. With headquarter based in Charleroi, our client is actively looking for a Cyber Security Engineer. This position includes user support.
AKA: Medior Security Engineer, Cybersecurity Engineer
As Cyber Security Engineer, you will report to the CISO and be a member of the Cyber Security Team. You will be in charge of:
- Work as part of the new Security Operations Team to ensure tasks are completed successfully.
- Provide Level 1 IT Security Support for all inbound calls and e-mails to the IT Help Desk for all Security Service Requests.
- Maintain and troubleshoot hardware and software issues as they relate to security.
- Conduct troubleshooting of user systems to address end-user issues.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams.
- Create, document, and follow detailed operational processes and procedures to appropriately analyze, escalate, and remediate customer security issues.
- Help create technical documentation and manuals.
- Conduct asset management and maintain hardware/software inventory.
- Create log searches, dashboards, and scheduled reports to help detect and remediate vulnerabilities on security items.
- Research and remediate compromises through threat hunting
- Follow-up of ISO 27001 compliant information security policies, controls and processes
- A good understanding and two or three years of experience in the area of information security and risk management is a pre-requisite (minimum of 2 years' experience).
- You have a Bachelor or a Master degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, CyberSecurity, mathematics or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in security solutions, operations, design, development, or deployment.
- Experience with IT Security & Privacy.
- Experience with internal client support.
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role is a plus.
- Good knowledge of security best practices
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues, in person and with remote applications; ability to provide clear instructions to end users.
- You are open-minded with good communication skills.
- You are flexible, pro-active, structured and quality oriented.
- You speak fluent French, with a working knowledge of English.
- Nice daily-rate
- Long term project - 1 year contract renewable
- Work on-site most of the time in Charleroi