- Ask the challengers
- 1st student and professional: Consorsbank account with 1.000€
- 2nd student and professional: Consorsbank account with 750€
- 3rd student and professional: Consorsbank account with 500€
- 4th to 9th for students and professionals: 50 EUR Cyberport voucher
Java Challenge Germany is a challenge designed to inspire creative and dynamic Java Students & Professionals, to have fun, to put their java skills to test, to benchmark themselves, and to win prizes.
For 6 weeks, Java lovers will compete to win the title of Java Champion of Germany. The contest takes 12 minutes during which one's the participants have to answer to as many questions as they can.
- Java Fundamentals
- Java Foundations
- Java Programming
How to participate ?
Registration is free and open during the entire duration of the challenge.
You will have 12 minutes to give the correct answer to as many questions as you can. The questions will be multiple-choice with one or several good answers. The on-line test contains questions with 3 levels of difficulty: Low, Medium and High with an associated score of 1, 2 or 3 points, if answered correctly. The total score will be the cumulative score of the questions. A wrong answer always gives the same negative score (-1). When you pass on a question, you don’t win or lose points.
- You firstly need to register on EDITx.
- To launch the challenge, press the button “participate”.
The quiz allows the usage of two ‘jokers’: the "50/50", forcing the on-line test to take out half of the answers and the "Ask the challengers", whereby the percentage of the challengers choosing each answer is displayed to you.
What will be displayed at the end of the Germany challenge ?
At the end of the challenge, you will see your result, but not the details of your score. The details of the scores will be released in your personal dashboard at the end of the Germany Challenge, so that the answers can't be shared among players.
If you are ranked in the TOP 100 participants of the Germany challenge
If you are ranked among the top 100 participants, your name, first name and score will be posted on the leaderboard and visible to all the challengers.
Data privacy & Information Sharing
The Challenge runs on a secure platform managed by EDITx. Participant personal data will be collected by EDITx: firstname, lastname, address, date of birth, email address, telephone number and Linkedin profile (if present). Personal data are used for the following purposes:
- To monitor the correct competition process;
- To analyze and optimize EDITx
- To set up the Statboard & Leaderboard at the end of the challenge
EDITx shares the personal information (Last Name, First Name, Mobile and Email) of the participants with & only with the Sponsor of the challenge & the members of the Jury and with any governmental agency or Authority in Germany or authority at their request (in case of irregularities).
Any of the following reasons will justify a disqualification even if we feel sorry for that.
- Communicating and/or publishing any kind of data, questions or solutions in liaison with the challenge, and sharing directly or indirectly this information with any other contestant before the challenge has been closed;
- Attempting to damage the website or taking action that may have a negative impact on the normal process/operating procedure of the challenge. Incidentally this may also be considered as a legal violation and the Organizer reserves the right to initiate a legal procedure and claim damages before the Court.
- Taking any action in violation of the copyrights/IP that belong to the Authors of the questions & the Members of the Jury & EDITx IT Educators community.
- Having multiple profiles while participating to the challenge.