- Ask the challengers
- Ask a friend
The IT Student of the Year Challenge United Kingdom is a Challenge designed to inspire creative and dynamic computer science Students & young Professionals located in the UK.
The first round is played online and open during 6 weeks. Registration is free and open during the entire duration of the Challenge.
Scores calculation and Jokers:
You will have 15 minutes to give the correct answer to 21 questions. The questions will be multiple-choice (never more than 4 choices maximum) with one good answers
- A good answer gives you 1 point
- A wrong answer results in a score of (-1)
- When you skip a question, you win nor lose points.
The total score will be the cumulative score of all questions answered within the set timeframe of 15 minutes.
The contest allows the usage of three ‘jokers’:
- The "50/50", forcing the on-line test to take out half of the possible answers to a question,
- The "Ask the challengers", where the percentage of the other challengers choosing each answer is displayed to you and
- The "Bonus question / Ask a friend", in which the challenger sends a bonus question (after the regular 15 minutes) to a friend during the 6-week Challenge, after which the friend provides input and the score is adapted accordingly.
Results, Data privacy & Information Sharing
After you complete the Challenge, you will see your result for the Challenge immediately, but not the answers. The details of your score and your ranking will be released in your userboard at the end of the Challenge so that the answers cannot be shared among players during the Challenge.
The Challenge runs on a secure platform managed by EDITx. The following personal data about the participants will be collected by EDITx: first name, last name, address, date of birth, email address, telephone number and Linkedin profile (if present). Personal data are used for the following purposes:
- To monitor the correct competition process
- To analyse and optimise EDITx
- To set up the statboard & leaderboard at the end of the Challenge