Frequently Asked Questions Menu
- What is EDITx? Why should I use EDITx?
- What is the difference between a quiz and a challenge?
- What is a challenge?
- What kind of challenge can I find?
- Can I earn money?
- Can I find a job?
- Can I create my Challenge?
- What if I cannot be present at a final?
- Who can see the details of my score?
- How can I become a Jury member?
- What if a participant is caught cheating during a challenge?
- Can I create my IT Quizzes, my IT Trainings, my IT Certifications?
- Can I brand my IT Quizzes, IT Trainings, IT Certifications?
- What kind of questions can I add into my IT Quizzes, IT Trainings, IT Certifications?
- What is the IT Questions Library?
- How do I get the status of an IT Educator ?
- Can I use the IT Questions of the Library to create my IT Quizzes, IT Trainings, IT Certifications?
- Do I keep the authorship on my questions?
- What if an IT Educator deletes one of his/her questions that another IT Educator has added in his/her quiz.
- Can I remove/delete my questions?
- Which datas are mandatory to register on EDITx?
- How can I update my profile?
- How do I change my login?
- How do I delete my account?
- What if I stop using EDITx ?
- For what purposes are used my datas ?
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
What is EDITx? Why should I use EDITx?
Whether you are an IT Student, an IT Professional or an IT Professor, you can :
- Participate to Quizzes and benchmark yourself
- Participate to IT Trainings and get knowledge
- Participate to Challenges organized by Companies, Universities or Associations
- Create Quizzes and IT Trainings or IT Certifications
Moreover, if you are an IT Professor, you can have access to the IT Librairy of questions.
Everything is free.
What is the difference between a quiz and a challenge?
- For the quizzes, you can directly see your results after the quiz. You can participate to quizzes as many times as you want.
- For the challenges, you can participate only once. You can see your global score but you can not always see the details of your score.
What is a challenge?
A challenge is a game, it’s only for fun. A challenge allows you to learn something or discover a new tech topic, to benchmark yourselve, to meet people (IT experts and Computer science Professors) and to win nice prizes.
What kind of challenge can I find?
- Big Data,
- Project Management,
- Machine learning,
- Data Science,
- IT Students challenges,
- Project management,
- everything is possible.
Can I earn money?
No but you can win prizes.
Can I find a job?
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Some partners are contacting the participants to get to know them and some others are not looking to strengthen their team. Some companies and universities are using EDITx only for branding and marketing purposes or to send them information about an Executive Education, a community, a meetup group at the end of the challenge. Some partners are using EDITx for the creation of mini hackatons.
Can I create my Challenge?
Not by yourself. Therefore please contact EDITx at email@example.com.
What if I cannot be present at a final?
Some sponsors decide to organize a final at their office. If you are qualified but can’t come, you will loose your chance to win a prize.
Who can see the details of my score?
You are the only one who can see the full details of your score. The jury members and the sponsors only can see which questions you answered right and your global score.
How can I become a Jury member?
Just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What if a participant is caught cheating during a challenge?
He/she will be automatically disqualified.
Can I create my IT Quizzes, my IT Trainings, my IT Certifications?
Yes. All our users can create their own Quizzes, Trainings or IT Certifications.
Can I brand my IT Quizzes, IT Trainings, IT Certifications?
Yes, you can add your logo, your banner and your background.
What kind of questions can I add into my IT Quizzes, IT Trainings, IT Certifications?
1. Multiple choice questions with one or several good answers
2. Open Questions: « printing Testing » & « Unit Testing-Based Task »
For an input-output task, the learner’s code is executed with the instructor’s input sent to its standard input and the result produced on the standard output is checked against the correct instructor’s output:
Input-output tasks can be created with the following programming languages:
- Bash 4.4
- C (with GCC 6.3)
- Go 1.7
- Java OpenJDK 8
- Lua 5.3
- Perl 5.24
- PHP 7.0
- Python 2.7
- Python 3.5
- Tcl 8.6
Unit Testing-Based Task
A unit testing-based task is a little more complex. This kind of exercise requires the learner to write the body of a function whose signature is provided by the instructor. This precise function is then “unit-tested” against predefined and/or randomly generated test cases, given contraints on the parameters. Customised feedbacks are provided to the learner depending on the test that failed. Additional checks can be done on the learner’s code (compared to the input-output task), such as checking that the correct exceptions are thrown, that the returned value has the correct type (which is not checkable on a text output), that a returned value is close to the correct one (useful for floating-point numbers), etc. Another advantage compared to input-output tasks is is that the learner does not have to parse the input data and to generate the string for the output since he/she receives the test data directly in the correct type in the chosen programming language. Hence, the learner can focus on his/her main task, being able to code the function he/she has to write. Such exercises are much more user friendly.
What is the IT Questions Library?
The IT Library is composed by thousands of questions/answers and test cases made by IT Academics (Professors, Assistants & Researchers) on the one hand, by renowned experts who took part as jury members on the other hand. Anytime any of these IT Educators is creating a question, his/her question is added to the IT Library of questions.
How do I get the status of an IT Educator ?
If you are an IT Academic, please send us a mail and you will get the status of an IT Educator automatically : email@example.com
If you are participating as jury member to a challenge, you also automatically get the status of an IT Educator.
Can I use the IT Questions of the Library to create my IT Quizzes, IT Trainings, IT Certifications?
IT Educators keep the authorship on their questions but accept that the other IT Educators can use their questions. For instance, a Computer Science Professor from Imperial College can see the questions and related statistics of a Computer Science Professor from the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, add the questions into his/her pool of questions and add the questions into his/her IT Quiz.
Do I keep the authorship on my questions?
The authorship is always indicated beside the questions and the questions can only be changed/edited or deleted by the author of the question.
What if an IT Educator deletes one of his/her questions that another IT Educator has added in his/her quiz.
The question will remain in the quiz but the question will be removed from the IT Library.
Can I remove/delete my questions?
Which datas are mandatory to register on EDITx?
When you register on EDITx, you need to insert :
- 'Full Name'
- 'Date of Birth'
- ‘Country & Location’
- ‘School or company’
How can I update my profile?
In your profile section, you will find a link.
How do I change my login?
In your profile section, you will find a link.
How do I delete my account?
Please send us a mail to : firstname.lastname@example.org
What if I stop using EDITx ?
Account termination always results in destruction of all the datas associated with the account. Be aware of that before terminating your account. If you are involved in an active competition, all your datas will be automatically deleted just after the challenge.
For what purposes are used my datas ?
EDITx uses your datas for the following purposes :
- To monitor the correct competition process
- To analyze and optimize EDITx
- To set up the Statboard & Leaderboard at the end of the challenges
- To invite the Top Participants to the final
- To keep the participants updated with the results of the challenges and the Quizzes
Our partners use your datas for the following purposes :
- To contact all participants to share challenge results
- To contact the top participants to award them prizes
- To contact the top participants to invite them for a final
- To make the promotion of a tech group/community
- To make the promotion of an Education program within the technology of the challenge
- To contact participants about future internships or job opportunities
- To gather feedbacks and testimonials
Any question ?
Please contact us at : email@example.com