Terms and Conditions
Please read this EDITx Terms and Conditions carefully before interacting on our website.
EDITx is a professional networking service that allows IT Professionals, IT Students, IT Professors and IT Recruiters to create personal profiles online, participate to IT Challenges, apply to IT Jobs, participate to IT skilltests, share interests and activities. Our mission is to connect the IT professionals to allow them to be more productive and successful.
1. Introduction ;
1.1 User Agreement
You agree that by clicking “Join Now”, “Sign Up” or similar, registering, accessing or using our services (described below), you are agreeing to enter into a legally binding contract with EDITx. If you do not agree to this User Agreement, do not click “Sign Up” (or similar) and do not access or otherwise use any of our Services. If you wish to terminate this user agreement, at any time you can do so by asking us to close your account.
2. Scope of services
EDITx offers networking, education & career services for IT students & professionals. You can use the Services once you have created an account. For each service, you can review their settings to control and limit messages you receive from us.
2.1 IT Network, scope of services
EDITx welcomes you to the IT Network, a large community of IT Students & Professionals in the world, and invites you to participate in the community by sharing knowledge and by exchanging opportunities with your peers. Your network profile can either be visible or unvisible. You can decide waht the other can see in your settings.
- My IT contacts
- Invitations Send
- Invitations received
- Contacts blocked
- Network email services
2.2 IT Challenges, scope of services
EDITx allows you to participate to IT challenges organized by Companies, Universities and IT Associations.
- My Results
- Details of my scores
- Challenges email services
2.3 IT Jobs, scope of services
EDITx offers a variety of career services via the website. You can apply to the jobs published on EDITx. To optimize the recruitment experience, and to connect job seekers with job opportunities, we collect certain personal information on you and on the company and its authorized recruiters.
- Upload your CV, define your visibility in the database
- My Applications
- Job Alerts
- Job email services
2.4 IT Education, scope of services
EDITx allows you to participate or to create an IT Skilltest for learning purposes.
- My Results
- Details of my scores
- Create questions
- My questions
- Create skilltests
- My skilltests
- Education email & settings services
3. Your Account;
3.1 Your account is personal & confidential
You will only have one EDITx account, which must be in your real name. You will keep your passwrd secret. You will not share your account with anyone else. If the Services were purchased by your company for you to use (Premium IT Recruiter Account) the company paying for such Service has the right to control access to and get reports on your use.
3.2 You must be 18 years old to use our services
- You must be 18 years old to use the services. If you are an IT professor willing to use EDITx for students who don’t have the « minimum age », you can contact us at infoåteditx.eu.
3.3 Agree with the code of conduct
When you register, you agree to :
- Use your real name on your profil
- Keep your contact information up to date,
- Use EDITx in a professional way
- Comply with all applicable laws,
When you register, you agree that you will not :
- Create a false identity
- Attempt to use another’s account
- Copy, use, disclose or distribute any information
- Violate intellectual property rights
- Post anything that contains software viruses
- Act illegally
- Harass, impersonate, harass, threaten, insult, defame
- Use scraping or similar techniques, to collect content
- Reverse engineer
- Use bots, bot nets, scripts, apps, plugins, extensions or other automated instruments to register accounts, to play content, to send messages
- Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell or otherwise monetize the Services or related data
3.4 You can control the messages that we send to you
You agree that we will provide messages to you in the following ways: (1) within the Service, or (2) sent to the contact information you provided us (e.g., email, mobile number). You can review your settings to control the communication you receive from us for each service we offer.
- Network suggestions
- Job recommendations
- Challenges recommendations
3.5 Right of withdrawal
If you are using our Services as a consumer within the meaning of Article I.1.2° of the Belgian Code of Economic Law, you are entitled to a right of withdrawal in accordance with the following provisions. You have the right to withdraw from this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.The withdrawal period will expire after 14 days from the day of the conclusion of this contract. To exercise the right of withdrawal, you must inform us of your decision to withdraw from this contract by an unequivocal statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or e-mail). You may use the attached model withdrawal form, but it is not obligatory.
4. Datas & Content
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data: Firstname & Lastname
- Contact Data: including delivery address, email address, and telephone numbers.
- Technical Data: including internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, traffic data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other communication data which gives us information about how you accessed our website.
- Profile Data: Experience & Education, Skills, and your career interests, preferences, and Challenges or skillstests responses.
- Usage Data: including information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data: including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
5. Disclaimer & Liability
EDITx will not be liable for loss of data’s, loss of business opportunities, loss of prizing delivery, loss, uses or changes to your profile or related data’s and possible downtime of the service.
6. Governing Law
This Agreement and its interpretation are governed by Belgian law. If you are a consumer, according to Article 6 para 2 of the Regulation (EC) 593/2008, this choice of law may however not have the result of depriving you of the protection afforded to you by mandatory provisions by virtue of the law which would (in the absence of choice) have been applicable.
7. Account termination
You and EDITx may terminate this Contract at any time with notice to the other. On termination, you lose the right to access or use the Services. EDITx will delete all your personal data that we have stored, or store your data in a not-personal form, unless the processing is lawful and necessary for another purpose.
8. How to contact us
Quai Paul Verlaine, 6000, Belgium