Freelance Windows Server Sys Admin - EU Institution - Brussels
For an EU institution, we are looking for a Freelance System Engineer specialized in MS Windows Server Operating System and related technologies.
You will be more specifically in charge of the Patching (using SCCM) and assisting in the provision of new servers, but also maintain the MS Windows Server infrastructure.
This freelance assignment is for a European institution.
The purpose is to be part of the engineering and operational team in charge of the compute (server) infrastructure.
The task scope covers:
- Systems operation activities, including setup, installation, tuning, troubleshooting, monitoring and maintenance (including management of firmware patches) of the MS Windows Server servers (more than 1000);
- Installing, configuring and hardening new MS Windows Server servers (physical and virtual)
- Updating the image for the automated server deployment
- Perform security patching
- Manage SCCM for distributing packages on the servers
- Manage server certificates
- Incident and Problem Management activities (e.g., fault analysis, diagnosis and resolution)
- Elaboration of operational guidelines and procedures for the management of the MS Windows Server servers and related environment;
- Change and Configuration management activities (e.g., assessment, scheduling, implementation, review).
As a Freelance Windows Server System Admin you should have most of the below:
- MS Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019
- Scripting (Powershell)
- VMware virtualization environment
Nice to have:
- Experience on enterprise environment including SAN technology
- ESX, vCente
As a Freelance Windows Server System Admin you can expect:
- A long term assignment until 2022
- Attractive day rate
- Prestigious client
- Flexible working hours