Freelance Linux System Engineer - EU Institution - Brussels
Our client is a prestigious EU instituion where the IT department plays a key role in the development of the activities. The expected profile must be a RedHat Linux specialist. The purpose is to be part of the engineering and operational team in charge of the compute (server) infrastructure.
AKA: IT System Engineer, Linux Engineer, RedHat Specialist
As Freelance Linux System Engineer you will be in charge of:
- Systems operation activities, including setup, installation, tuning, troubleshooting, monitoring and maintenance (including management of firmware patches) of the Linux servers (circa 500);
- Incident and Problem Management activities (e.g., fault analysis, diagnosis and resolution);
- Elaboration of operational guidelines and procedures for the management of the Linux servers and related environment;
- Change and Configuration management activities (e.g., assessment, scheduling, implementation, review).
As Freelance Linux System Engineer you must have most of the below skills:
- Red Hat Linux 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, 8.x
- Scripting (shell, playbook)
- VMware virtualization environment
- Experience on enterprise environment including SAN technology
- ESX, vCenter
Exciting role with competitive day rate.