Audit Manager - Join a renowned insurer
Our client is a brand that is admired, recognised, and respected around the world, renowned for its reputation as the world's specialist (re)insurance centre. Also well known for its integrity, where talented, diverse, and socially responsible employees take pride in their work.
If you share similar values and passion for building a more sustainable, resilient, and inclusive future, you will find a home at this company - building a braver future with them.
The main purpose of this position is to lead internal audit reviews across European offices to conduct an independent assessment of the effectiveness of the company's control framework. You would be reporting directly to the Head of Internal Audit, but the role requires a high degree of autonomy.
- Lead internal audit reviews in accordance with the annual internal audit plan.
- Conduct audit testing, including appropriate detailed analysis and evaluation.
- Work with the company's Internal Audit Director to develop an annual internal audit plan.
- Assist the company's leadership of Internal Audit to ensure continuous improvement by identifying opportunities for process improvement.
- Conduct quality assurance reviews to ensure that internal audit continues to meet international standards for the practice of internal auditing.
- Prepare a written report for the Internal Audit Director summarising work accomplished findings and recommended actions.
- Strong communication skills whether oral or written.
- Ability to work with deadlines and to ensure good quality of delivery.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to produce high-quality written reports.
- Experience leading internal audit reviews.
- Familiarity with technical auditing concepts, business processes and internal control systems.
- In-depth understanding of key regulatory/best practice control models (FSMA, NBB, COSO, etc.)
- Knowledge of international professional practice frameworks.
- Experience in the insurance/reinsurance industry is required.
- Proven track record in an internal audit environment.
- At least 4/5 years of experience in internal audit and/or risk management functions.